MoinMoin Supports You¶
You can get free support and information here:
- on our chat channels, see http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinChat
- on our wiki, see http://moinmo.in/ - please note that quite a lot of content there is about moin 1.x and does not apply to moin2. One page has a lot of information about moin2 and also links to all sorts of moin2 resources: http://moinmo.in/MoinMoin2.0
- on our mailing list, see http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinMailingLists
- on our issue tracker: https://bitbucket.org/thomaswaldmann/moin-2.0/issues
- from our repository: https://bitbucket.org/thomaswaldmann/moin-2.0/overview
All free support is done voluntarily by helpful MoinMoin community members. Thanks to everyone who is helping!
If you enjoyed / want to enjoy free community support, please also consider being an active part of the community and also supporting it.
As MoinMoin 2.0 is not released yet, there is no support for production systems based on it.
If you want to talk about development topics, please contact the developers.
You Support MoinMoin¶
Like to help others?¶
Just stay connected to IRC, our wiki, the mailing list (see above) and help others searching for support there.
Found a bug?¶
- File a bug report on the issue tracker on bitbucket.
- Even better: fix the bug, file a bug report and submit a patch and consider adding a unit test
Have an idea?¶
- Discuss it on IRC and file a feature request on bitbucket.
- Even better: discuss and write some Python code implementing it.
Born to code?¶
- Help to work on moin2 core, so it gets released sooner.
- Help to maintain moin 1.9 until moin2 is ready.
Loving UI / UX design?¶
- Help us make moin2 look and feel better!
Have good language or documentation skills?¶
- If you are a native speaker of a language other than English, with a good understanding of English, consider helping with improving translation to your language. (not yet for moin2, too early!) see also Translating MoinMoin
- Improve the documentation (see below). Here is a list of all TODOs in this documentation:
rewrite CHANGES in rst syntax
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/moin-20/checkouts/latest/docs/admin/changes.rst, line 10.)
add the usual coding(s) for some platforms (like windows)
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/moin-20/checkouts/latest/docs/admin/configure.rst, line 465.)
check if SMBMount still works as documented
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/moin-20/checkouts/latest/docs/admin/configure.rst, line 629.)
describe more moin configuration
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/moin-20/checkouts/latest/docs/admin/configure.rst, line 1432.)
add more info about handling of deleted pages
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/moin-20/checkouts/latest/docs/admin/upgrade.rst, line 84.)